I added texture to my final logo design for a business card, to add a rougher artistic feel.
The card itself was designed to emphasize the colours in my design. I created a 3D model of the business card for my Editorial Book, but the resolution of the final render was far too small.
Spec sheet for my logo
I’m not totally sold on the colour right now, I’ve spent too much time fiddling to be able to mess with them now, but at times they seem too dull. I’ll revisit this in a few weeks to see how I feel
After coming up with my final design for a personal logo and lining them all up, I noticed that the way the shapes were arranged was making the lines look slanted, an optical illusion created by the way the shapes were placed even though the lines were all straight
testing the way the logo affects a straight rectangle
To try and fix this effect I tried adjusting the shapes to fit better into a rectangle. The challenge was trying to get rid of the slant while keeping the more random look of the earlier design
I also considered using a rough line to indicate the edges of the the K and H to make it more obvious, but I felt that in the end it didn’t match up to the clean lines of the font and the rest of the logo
Having improved the shape I tried some more possible fonts with the design, and continued adjusting the vectors of the green triangle until I was satisfied
While I was pleased with the final result (so far) at the bottom, having uploaded these images into a gallery I just realized that the logo seems to make the whole page appear slanted, even though the lines are all straight. I may have to alter the blue shape if this becomes a problem